Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sleigh Ride Wreath


  Howdie All!  Just finishing up with the inevitable last minute projects.  I wanted to take the time to share some photos of the paper wreath I created.  The charming and talented Elizabeth, from Creative Breathing, totally inspired me to take a chance on making one of these.  She skillfully describes exactly how to piece together this project on her blog.  Click to see both her City Sidewalk and Peppermint Wreath  posts.  This craft is truly well worth the effort, and such fun to make.
 

Looking for the paper to use, is the delightful start to this adventure.  I chose Crate Paper's, Sleigh Ride tag cuts.  Adding each tag made my smile become bigger and bigger, until one of my children commented, "Mommy, I didn't know you had dimples!"  :)



I added a couple of friendly and glittered owls, just for a hoot!



Adding all the bits and bobs will make you squeal with delight!


Ribbon choices are endless...in a good way!


Snowflakes, buttons, brads, and a final jingle bell, are all icing on a paper cake.  I can't wait to make one of these for a Valentine's Day decoration.  Oh, the possibilities are endless!  :)  Hope you are staying warm, and soaking up your holidays with joy!

 

16 comments:

  1. So cute. I could do that with my tag swaps. Love the colors that you used. Really nice. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the wee mittens and bells..what a treasure..
    It's over the top special Maureen..Thank you so much for sharing..Very very cute..

    It brought out the little girl we have seen in all those photos if your dimples showed up:)

    Happy Holidays to you and yours~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute! Happy Holidays.
    Groeten, Heleen en Corry

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely wreath! We certainly don't get such pretty paper products on this side of the world. :/ Happy holidays! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Maureen,

    Love all your gorgeous creations, the sleigh ride wreath is great.
    Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas.

    Sending warmest hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful project and even better if your children got to see you doing something that made you happy.

    Merry Christmas.
    Lillian
    lillianscupboard.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Maureen, that is a very beautiful wreath. Very cute tags! Thanks for inspiring me. Merry Christmas!

    -Sanna-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Goodness Maureen! This wreath is so pretty. I can only imagine how fun this was to make! I think you just inspired me to try one : ) It's things like this wreath that mean more and more to us as we pass them down to our children. I have very few things that my mother decorated with, but she made many things out of beautiful papers that I remember. I sure wish I had them now.

    Wishing you a Merry and Bright Christmas my friend!
    warm hugs from me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable tags and sweet wreath Maureen! Love your handiwork! Merry Christmas! xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ! this is such an amazing sleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maureen that is so cute!

    Hope you are well - thanks so much for stopping by Dolliedaydream :-)

    Wishing you the happiest Christmas all the way from the UK - lots of love from our family to yours - Kitty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This so cool, Maureen! I love all of the detail!

    Have a fabulous time and look forward to visiting you in 2013!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous wreath!
    Wishing you and your loved ones a "Merry Christmas!"
    Torie Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful wreath! The ruffled gingham ribbon is so perfect. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Best wishes for a happy 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant Thoughts...